1. a foot in the door
to manage to enter an organization, a field of business, etc. that could bring you success
- I always wanted to work for that company but it took me two years to get a foot in the door.
2. cash cow
the part of a business that always makes a profit and that provides money for the rest of the business
- The new product became the company’s cash cow.
3. too many chiefs, not enough Indians
used to describe a situation in which there are too many people telling other people what to do, and not enough people to do the work
- There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians in that company.
4. eager beaver
an enthusiastic person who works very hard
- George is an eager beaver and is certain to succeed in business.
5. a slice of the pie
a share of something such as money, profits, etc.
The company made big profits and the workers want a slice of the pie.